Awesomeness is looking for an outstanding Social Media Specialist to join our Brand Partnerships team in our Hollywood office. This role will be a contract role with the possibility to convert to full-time. The group is responsible for packaging and selling a suite of marketing services and digital media on behalf of AwesomenessTV including branded video, influencer marketing, digital media and live events. The Social Media Specialist position supports the Social Media team in all aspects of the social process, and reports to the Senior Manager of Social Media, Brand Partnerships.
- Implement best practices and execute social media strategy for various brand partnerships.
- Work closely with sales, marketing solutions and content teams - from pitch proposal development and build to campaign execution and completion
- Contribute to brainstorm pitches
- Produce and execute content for AwesomenessTV social (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat)
- Create editorial calendars with sample copy
- rack social listening for campaigns
- Utilize the latest social features and tools with a first to platform mentality
AwesomenessTV is a multi-platform media company owned by Viacom. Included under the AwesomenessTV banner are AwesomenessTV - a leading destination for original programming serving the global Gen Z audience, the ATV Network - a global creator community, Awesomeness Films. Viacom properties include MTV, Comedy Central, and Nickelodeon.
AwesomenessTV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, marital status, citizenship, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable state, federal or local law.
- Resourceful / understands urgency of social media
- Has a creative voice and passion to learn the latest social media trends
- Effective time management and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to write copy to fit brand tone and voice
Experience with real-time / on-the-ground social coverage
- Projects a friendly and professional demeanor both within the organization and to clients
- Proficient in existing and emerging social media platforms not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Tumblr, and YouTube
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite
Excitement for and familiarity with the rapidly evolving branded content, influencer marketing, and social media space
- Experience in Adobe Photoshop and Premiere is a plus
1-2 years experience working in the entertainment industry or digital media is preferred